This is a Houston Astros news feed from KHOU. The Houston Astros are an American professional baseball team based in Houston. The Astros compete in Major League Baseball (MLB) as a member club of the American League (AL) West division, having moved to the division in 2013 after spending their first 51 seasons in the National League (NL).
- Pivetta tosses 2-hitter to lead Red Sox past Astros 5-1on May 19, 2022 at 1:14 am
Astros pitcher Jake Odorizzi said an MRI on his left leg showed damage that will sideline him for an indefinite period.
- Space Cowboys hit franchise-record 7 home runs in 20-1 winon May 11, 2022 at 4:23 pm
Six players combined for seven home runs in a route of the Albuquerque Isotopes.
- Spot on! Little League pitcher replicates windup of Astros pitcher Luis Garciaon May 11, 2022 at 3:56 am
Charlie Spring gets a kick out of using Luis Garcia's windup during games. It's something he and his dad have worked on in order to master.
- Twins' Correa put on injured list prior to Astros serieson May 10, 2022 at 9:39 pm
The move, retroactive to last Friday, was made before the Twins began a three-game series against the Houston Astros.
- Dusty Baker wins 2,000th game as MLB manager as Astros top Marinerson May 4, 2022 at 3:43 am
Congrats, Dusty! Astros skipper Dusty Baker earned his 2,000th win as an MLB manager with the Astros' win over the Mariners on Tuesday night.
- Astros place Jose Altuve on IL, call up JJ Matijevic to majorson April 20, 2022 at 8:24 pm
Altuve was injured during Monday night's game against the Los Angeles Angels.
- Jose Altuve leaves Astros game with left hamstring strain in 8th inningon April 19, 2022 at 10:30 am
Altuve went down after legging out a grounder late in the game. It's unclear how long he'll be out.
- What to know before the Astros home openeron April 18, 2022 at 11:04 pm
Opening day is finally here for the 'Stros as fans get to enter Minute Maid Park for the first time this season.
- Tips to save money at Minute Maid Parkon April 18, 2022 at 12:37 pm
Saving money on the ‘Stros can make the season even sweeter.
- New uniforms, food options, technology inside Minute Maid Park to start Astros' seasonon April 10, 2022 at 11:24 pm
It's the start of a new season, and that means Astros fans descended on the ballpark to get it started right.
- 'Illegal and horrific' | Yanks' GM says Astros' sign-stealing stole 2017 World Serieson April 1, 2022 at 12:59 am
Cashman blames the Astros' sign-stealing scandal for the missed opportunity in 2017.
- 'My brother forever' | Astros players join all of Houston in reaction to Carlos' deal with Minnesotaon March 19, 2022 at 7:22 pm
A source told The Associated Press that the shortstop took a multi-million dollar contract with the Twins, ending his seven seasons in Houston.
- Verlander sharp in 1st start since 2020, heater hits 96 mphon March 18, 2022 at 9:55 pm
Verlander threw 18 of 31 pitches for strikes, and his fastball cruised between 94-96 mph.
- Houston Astros spring training update: Justin Verlander to start Fridayon March 16, 2022 at 11:16 pm
Spring training is underway for the Houston Astros and questions still linger about whether Carlos Correa will stay with the team.
- Welcome back, Justin Verlander! Astros' righty signs one-year dealon March 13, 2022 at 7:27 pm
Terms of the agreement weren't disclosed. Verlander has an option for a second year.
- 'I love what I do' | Meet the Astros' new player development directoron February 10, 2022 at 1:24 am
The Astros hired Sara Goodrum from the Milwaukee Brewers, where the former Division I softball player served as the team's minor league hitting coordinator.
- Jorge Soler's World Series home run ball sells for top dollar at auctionon February 6, 2022 at 9:02 pm
Manuel Ramos picked up Jorge Soler's Game 6 homer while he was watching the game from his brother's balcony.
- Astros manager Dusty Baker named Baseball America 2021 Manager of the Yearon December 7, 2021 at 11:50 pm
Baker is the third Astros skipper to earn the award.
- Former Astros manager Bill Virdon dies at age 90on November 23, 2021 at 9:25 pm
Virdon compiled more wins than any other head coach in franchise history.
- Strange but true: Minute Maid Park has a ‘lucky’ ladybug that's been missing, until nowon November 19, 2021 at 6:28 am
Houston artist Eric Kaposta had noticed the Astros never won a World Series and needed a good luck charm — a ladybug.