This is a Houston Astros news feed from KHOU. The Houston Astros are an American professional baseball team based in Houston. The Astros compete in Major League Baseball (MLB) as a member club of the American League (AL) West division, having moved to the division in 2013 after spending their first 51 seasons in the National League (NL).
- Alvarez's RBI double in 9th lifts Astros to 2-1 win over Soxon June 19, 2021 at 3:34 am
Luis García allowed one run and seven hits in seven innings, and Ryan Pressly struck out the side in the ninth for the win.
- Strange but true: Astros practice at Memorial Parkon June 15, 2021 at 3:37 am
It's something that likely could not happen in the age of social media.
- ‘Vaccinate at the plate’ | Get free Astros tickets with your COVID shot at Minute Maid next weekon June 10, 2021 at 10:45 pm
Get your COVID vaccination at the ballpark, then watch the Astros take on the Rangers and get a free replica 2017 World Series ring.
- Strange but true: 2 Astros take helicopter to game during tropical stormon June 8, 2021 at 3:57 am
On July 26, 1979, Tropical Storm Claudette pounded the Houston area but inside the Astrodome, the game against the Dodgers wasn't rained out.
- Greinke gets first complete game since 2017, Correa 2 HRs, Astros rout Blue Jayson June 5, 2021 at 1:00 pm
The Astros won for the fifth time in six games.
- How Carlos Correa helped a San Jac baseball player become an MLB prospecton May 31, 2021 at 11:57 pm
Sabin Ceballos is making a name for himself but he has the Astros star shortstop to thank for helping get him there.
- Red Sox manager Alex Cora returns to Minute Maid for first time sign-stealing scandalon May 31, 2021 at 8:10 pm
Cora was the Astros' bench coach during the scandal and was implicated as one of the ringleaders in the trash-can-banging scheme.
- How you can weigh in on the future of the Astrodomeon May 21, 2021 at 12:51 am
A new campaign launched in another effort to give the old Astrodome a new lease on life.
- Astros announce maximum capacity allowed at Minute Maid Park for remainder of seasonon May 17, 2021 at 11:10 pm
The Houston Astros said they are increasing to maximum capacity at Minute Maid Park, starting with the series against the Los Angeles Dodgers on May 25.
- Hall-of-Famer Reggie Jackson joins Crane Capital as special advisoron May 12, 2021 at 11:52 pm
Jackson will serve as a special advisor to Astros owner Jim Crane with a focus on charitable and youth efforts.
- Strange but true: Astros’ trade war with Montreal over Donn Clendenonon May 4, 2021 at 4:02 am
It was Jan. 22, 1969, when the Astros and the newly formed Montreal Expos made a major deal. What happened after that is hard to believe.
- Astros miss chance at 4-game sweep, lose series finale to Angelson April 25, 2021 at 10:25 pm
Houston won the first three games of the series but Los Angeles pulled out the win on Sunday.
- The Astros aquire the Sugar Land Skeeters. Here's why that's awesomeon April 22, 2021 at 3:23 am
You could see some of the biggest MLB players at Constellation Field if they're recovering from an injury or needing a little extra practice.
- Altuve, Bregman, Alvarez among 5 Astros placed on ILon April 15, 2021 at 12:01 am
The team said the five position players were placed on the injured list due to MLB's health and safety protocol.
- AJ Hinch receives warm welcome during return to Houstonon April 13, 2021 at 2:37 am
Hinch is now the head coach with the Detroit Tigers, who are in town for a series against the Astros.
- 2020 Astros swag, bobbleheads are still up for grabs | Where to get themon April 8, 2021 at 4:43 pm
The Astros will have 47 giveaway days this season, which is higher than normal because of all the 2020 merchandise the team didn't get to hand out.
- House divided: Meet a couple on opposites sides of the Astros-Athletics gameon April 8, 2021 at 3:55 pm
Roxanne and Ricardo's relationship is going really well, but they are a house divided when the bats start swinging each baseball season.
- Home opener at Minute Maid: Astros tickets still available — view prices, bag & mask policieson April 8, 2021 at 12:15 pm
From COVID-19 precautions to the roof status and new features/entertainment — here's what you should know.
- Astros rout Oakland to complete season-opening sweepon April 5, 2021 at 3:42 am
Jason Castro homered in the series finale.
- Yordan Alvarez powers Astros to third straight winon April 4, 2021 at 11:26 am
The Astros are now 3-0 after another win over Oakland.